Monday, December 20, 2010

The Photo Nija!!!!

Well its Monday!! (Boo!) haha. I don't like Monday's very much.....So to keep myself from

having a Monday melt down, I grabbed my ol' 35mm camera and hopped on the motorcycle and

drove off into the forest! I don't think I had any particular idea of what kind of shots I was

looking, but it turns out I had an idea in the back of my head the entire time......As I drove down

the ol' mining road I began to notice all the old rusty cans left behind from the homeless and

mining pioneers! So I pulled over and began to collect them into a small pile of maybe 15-20

cans. I placed them down by the small creek near me in a pattern! Then I gathered as many

fallen leaves as I could find that where still whole and in good shape! I placed the leaves in the

creek water around the cans in a line of leaves if you will....(so basically if you can imagine i took

a needle and thread and threaded all the leaves together, for one to keep then from floating

away, and two it makes them look very naturally connected.) Anyhow as I said above I didn't

think I had any idea of what kind of shot I wanted to find/create....But it turns out I had it pretty

planned out somewhere in the dark spots in my mind! lol! But all the same the shot came out

amazing I shot it in black and white as well as color! I am happy with both prints...Actually I

think I got lucky...The shot just kinda formed itself right before my eyes! (O not to mention I did

this all with the natural lighting no strobes or flashes or reflectors, only the ultra filtered sunlight

due to the overcast conditions!) Happy shooting to you and yours happy holidays! Till the next

jumble of words I type up...Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment